The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Bacteria And Virus Venn Diagram – You have most likely seen or read about the Venn diagram earlier. Anyone who has attended Mathematics in particular Algebra and Probability, must be familiar with the Venn diagram. This is an image tool that shows the relationship between a set of items. Learn more about this commonly utilized diagram across various fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
An Venn diagram is a sketch of overlapping circles in order to show the relationship between objects or groups. Overlapping circles mean that they share a certain characteristic, while those who don’t overlap indicate that they do not share a commonality. Each circle is typically associated with information about what category it represents.
It is used to represent the differences and similarities visually between different things, groups, or concepts. It is commonly found in the educational field as a tool that can be useful. It’s also been used all over the world from the beginning of the 20th century at elementary levels as an integral component of the curriculum for logic.
The diagram was popularized in the 1880s by John Venn, an English logician in the 1880s. Similar diagrams were invented in the 17th century through Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician who referred to them as Eulerian circles. However, the term was not popular until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism founder, utilized the term in 1918. At that time, it was used to describe a circular illustration in his book, which was entitled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is employed a lot within the world of academics. Teachers in the school utilized this tool to help teach mathematic concepts such sets, intersections, and unions. For more advanced mathematics, it is also employed to solve difficult problems. You can also easily find diagrams within the field of statistics, particularly predictive analytics.
In addition to mathematics-related disciplines, it is also utilized to study similarities and differences between different languages. In business it is utilized to present comparisons of products or services as well as anything else applicable.
Here is the description of how the diagram could do:
- Visually organize information to search for relationships (similarities as well as differences) between item sets.
- Regardless of the complexity level, display the logic of specific concepts, and use visual communication to show the connection between them.
- If you’re deciding on what goods or services you want to purchase, compare several options and clearly see the similarities and differences among them.
- Solve a variety of mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, uncover correlations, and then evaluate the probability of particular events.
- Reason logic that is used to support equations or statements, as well as how to group.
One of the biggest reasons why one of the main reasons why Venn diagram is so effective and popular is because of its ease of use. It allows you to compare things, identify places where they are in conflict and where they separate and serves as a visual representation of the relation. Alongside pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs flow charts and many other tools to visualize data offer a great way to display your data or help with the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.