The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Diagrama De Venn En Blanco – It is likely that you have seen or read about a Venn diagram before. Anyone who has studied Mathematics particularly Algebra and Probability, must be already familiar with this diagram. This is an image tool that illustrates the relation between a collection of objects. Find out more about this frequently employed diagram in different fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
An Venn diagram is a diagram of circles that overlap to show the interrelationships between different items and groups. In the event that two circles overlap, they share certain characteristics in common, while those that don’t overlap indicate that they do not share a commonality. Each circle is usually associated with information about the subject matter it is a part of.
It’s used to illustrate the differences and similarities visually between various things, groups, or concepts. It is often used in the realm of education as a valuable tool. It’s been in use around the world in the early part decades of the twentieth century at elementary educational levels, and also as a vital part of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularized through John Venn, an English logician in the 1880s. Similar diagrams were designed in the early 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who named them Eulerian circles. That being said, the term was not popular until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism founder employed it in 1918. At that time, it was used to describe the circular illustration in his book titled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is utilized frequently in the academic world. Teachers at schools use this tool in teaching math concepts, such as intersections, sets and unions. At higher mathematics the tool is also used to solve problems that are difficult. It is also possible to find diagrams related to statistics, particularly predictive analytics.
Apart from mathematics-related disciplines it is also utilized to analyze the similarities and differences between different languages. In business it is used to present comparisons of products as well as services. It is also used to display any other information applicable.
Here is the description of how the diagram can accomplish:
- Visually organize information to search for relationships (similarities in addition to differences) between different sets of items.
- – No matter the level of complexity show the logic behind specific concepts and serve visual aids to show the relationship between them.
- When deciding what products or services you want to purchase look at a variety of options and clearly see the similarities and distinctions between them.
- Solve various mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets to identify correlations, and evaluate the probabilities of events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements as well as an approach to grouping.
One of the primary reasons for why the Venn diagram has become so effective and well-known is due to its simplicity. It lets you analyze things and determine places where they are in conflict and where they separate and provide visual representation of the connection. Along with pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs flow charts and other tools for data visualization offer a great way to display your data or help with the process of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.