The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Diagrama De Venn Pdf – You have most likely been exposed to or encountered the Venn diagram prior to. Anyone who has studied Mathematics in particular Algebra and Probability, must be already familiar with this figure. Visual aid that shows the relationship between two items. Learn more about this often used diagram in different areas and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
Venn diagrams are Venn diagram is a drawing of circles that overlap to show the connections between items as well as groups. When circles overlap, they share a certain characteristic but those that do not overlap mean that they don’t have any similarities. Each circle is typically is accompanied by a brief description of what category it represents.
It’s used to depict similarities and differences in a visual manner between various things, groups or concepts. It is commonly found in the realm of education as a helpful tool. It has also been used across the globe since the middle during the latter half of 20th Century at elementary educational levels, and also as an essential component of the curriculum for logic.
The diagram was popularized by John Venn, an English logician from the 1880s. Similar diagrams were designed in the 1700s in the 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who called them Eulerian circles. This being said, the word was not widely used for a long time until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptualist who founded pragmatism who used the term in 1918. At that time, it was used to describe an illustration that was circular in his book, which was named “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is utilized frequently within the world of academics. Teachers in schools utilize the tool in teaching math concepts like intersections, sets, and unions. When it comes to more advanced mathematical levels it can also be used to tackle problems that are complex. You can also find diagrams in the field of statistics, particularly predictive analytics.
Apart from mathematics-related disciplines it is also utilized to analyze the similarities and differences between different languages. In the world of business it is used to show comparisons between products or services as well as anything else that is relevant.
Here’s a breakdown of what the diagram could do:
- Visually organize information in order to find connections (similarities as well as differences) between item sets.
- In spite of their complexity show the logic behind particular concepts and provide visual representation to demonstrate the connection between them.
- When you are deciding on which products or services to purchase look at a variety of options and be able to clearly discern the similarities and differences among them.
- Solve various mathematical problems.
- Analyze the data set, find correlations and determine the probabilities of events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements, and an approach to grouping.
One of the major reasons the Venn diagram has become so powerful and well-known is because of its simplicity. It lets you compare things, identify the areas where they intersect and differ and also serve as an illustration of the connection. Alongside pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs flow charts, and a myriad of other data visualization tools, they provide an effective way to display your data and aid the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.