The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Diagrama De Venn Triple – Most likely, you’ve been exposed to or encountered an Venn diagram prior to. Anyone who has studied Mathematics in particular Algebra and Probability, must be already familiar with the Venn diagram. It is a visual aid used to illustrate the relationship between two items. Learn more about this often used diagram in different areas and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
Venn diagrams are Venn diagram is a diagram of circles that overlap to show the connections between items or groups. In the event that two circles overlap, they share certain traits, while those who don’t overlap indicate that they do not share any commonality. Each circle is usually with a description of what category it represents.
It is used to represent the similarities and differences in a visual manner between groups, things or concepts. It is often used in the education field as a helpful tool. It has also been used across the globe since the middle decades of the twentieth century at elementary levels as an essential element of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularized by John Venn, an English logician in the 1880s. Similar diagrams were designed in the late 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who called them Eulerian circles. However, the term was not popular for a long time until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism pioneer, utilized it in 1918. At the time, it was used to refer to the circular illustration in his book named “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is used often throughout the educational world. Teachers at schools use the diagram to help teach mathematic concepts such as sets, intersections and unions. For more advanced mathematics it’s also used to tackle problems that are difficult. You can also easily find diagrams within the field of statistics, specifically predictive analytics.
Apart from mathematics-related disciplines it is also utilized to study similarities and differences between various languages. In the world of business it is utilized to show comparisons between products or services and everything else that is relevant.
Here’s the description of how the diagram can do:
- Visually organize data in order to identify relationships (similarities and differences) between different sets of items.
- In spite of their complexity, display the logic of specific concepts, and use visual aids to show the relationship between them.
- If you’re deciding on what goods or services to buy look at a variety of options and easily discern the similarities and differences between them.
- Solve various mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets to discover correlations, and assess the likelihood of specific events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements and groups.
One of the main reasons one of the main reasons why Venn diagram can be so effective and popular is due to its simplicity. This tool lets you look at things in a different way, determine places where they are in conflict and where they separate and also serve as visual representation of the relationship. Along with pie charts, bar graphs, quadrant charts flow charts and other tools for data visualization They provide a powerful method of presenting your data and aid the process of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.