The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Diagrama De Venn Youtube – You have most likely had the pleasure of reading about or seen the Venn diagram earlier. Anyone who has studied Mathematics in particular Algebra and Probability, must already be familiar with this figure. This is an image tool that is used to show the relationship between a collection of objects. Find out more about this widely used diagram in different areas and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is an illustration of overlapping circles to demonstrate the interrelationships between different items and groups. Overlapping circles mean that they share certain characteristics but those that do not overlap mean that they don’t share a commonality. Each circle is typically accompanied by informational text about the subject matter it is a part of.
It can be used to show differentiators and similarities in a visual manner between different things, groups or concepts. It is widely used in the field of education as a tool that can be useful. It’s been in use around the world since the middle of the 20th century at primary educational levels and as a vital element of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularized in the 1880s by John Venn, an English logician in the 1880s. Similar diagrams were created in the late 1700s in the 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician who referred to them as Eulerian circles. However, the term wasn’t used up until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism’s founder employed the term in 1918. At that time, it was used to describe an illustration of a circle in his book, which was named “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is used a lot within the world of academics. Teachers in schools utilize the diagram in teaching math concepts such sets, intersections and unions. At higher levels of mathematics the tool is also used to tackle problems that are difficult. It is also possible to find diagrams related to statistics, especially predictive analytics.
Apart from mathematics-related disciplines it is also utilized to analyze the similarities and differences between different languages. In the world of business it is used to show comparisons between products as well as services. It is also used to display any other information pertinent.
Here’s the breakdown of what the diagram will be able to do:
- Visually organize information to look for connections (similarities or differences) between different sets of items.
- – No matter the level of complexity, display the logic of particular concepts and provide visual communication to illustrate the relationship between them.
- If you’re deciding on what goods or services you want to purchase take the time to compare different options and notice the similarities and differences among them.
- Solve a variety of mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets to identify correlations, and evaluate the probability of certain events.
- – Reason logic which supports equations or statements, and groups.
One of the main reasons it is that the Venn diagram is so effective and well-known is its simplicity. It allows you to look at things in a different way, determine places where they are in conflict and where they separate and provide a visual representation of the connection. Along with pie charts quadrant charts, bar graphs flow charts and other tools for data visualization offer a great method of presenting your data and aid the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.