The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Diagrama Venn Pdf – Most likely, you’ve seen or read about the Venn diagram in the past. Anyone who has attended Mathematics specifically Algebra and Probability, must have a good understanding of this diagram. It is a visual tool that is used to show the relationship between various items. Learn more about this often used diagram in different areas and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
An Venn diagram is a drawing of circles that overlap to show the interrelationships between different items as well as groups. Overlapping circles mean that they share certain characteristics but those that do not overlap mean that they don’t share any commonality. Each circle is typically with a description of what it’s representing in terms of.
It can be used to show similarities and differences in a visual manner between groups, things, or concepts. It is commonly found in the educational field as a valuable tool. It’s also been used around the world since the middle during the latter half of 20th Century, at primary educational levels and as a crucial element of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularized through John Venn, an English logician in the 1880s. Similar diagrams were designed in the early 1700s in the 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who named them Eulerian circles. The term was not popular before Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism pioneer employed the term in 1918. At that time, it was used to describe the circular illustration in the book he wrote, named “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is employed often across the globe of academia. Teachers at schools use the diagram to teach mathematical concepts such as intersections, sets and unions. At higher mathematical levels it can also be used to tackle difficult problems. You can also easily find diagrams that pertain to statistics, specifically predictive analytics.
Beyond mathematics-related fields, it can also be used to analyze the similarities and differences between different languages. In the world of business, it is used to show comparisons between products as well as services. It is also used to display any other information that is relevant.
Here’s the description of how the diagram can accomplish:
- Visually organize information to look for connections (similarities and differences) between item sets.
- In spite of their complexity show the logic behind specific concepts, and use visual aids to show the connection between them.
- When deciding what products or services you want to purchase consider comparing different options to easily discern the similarities and differences between them.
- Solve various mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, discover correlations, and assess the probabilities of events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements and groups.
One of the main reasons why Venn diagrams are so effective and popular Venn diagram can be so powerful and well-known is because of its simplicity. This tool lets you examine things, find out those areas that overlap or separate, and serve as visual representation of the connection. Alongside pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs as well as flow charts and many other tools for data visualization They provide a powerful way to display your data or help with the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.