The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Editable Venn Diagram For Kids – It is likely that you have been exposed to or encountered a Venn diagram before. Anyone who’s attended Mathematics specifically Algebra and Probability, must have a good understanding of this figure. The diagram is visual tool used to illustrate the relationship between two items. Learn more about this commonly used diagram in different areas and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
Venn diagrams are Venn diagram is a sketch of circles that are overlapping to illustrate the relationship between objects as well as groups. In the event that two circles overlap, they have a commonality in common, while those that don’t overlap indicate that they do not have any similarities. Each circle is typically with a description of what it’s representing in terms of.
It can be used to show the similarities and differences in a visual way between different things, groups or concepts. It is commonly found in the realm of education as a tool that can be useful. It’s been in use all over the world since the midst in the early 20th century at the elementary level and as an essential component of the curriculum for logic.
The diagram was popularized by John Venn, an English logician from the 1880s. Similar diagrams were created in the 1700s through Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who named them Eulerian circles. However, the term was not used before Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptualist who founded pragmatism used the term in 1918. At that time, it was used to refer to a circular illustration in the book he wrote, called “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is used a lot within the world of academics. Teachers at the school use this tool for teaching mathematical principles such sets, intersections, and unions. When it comes to more advanced mathematics it’s also used to solve problems that are difficult. You can also find diagrams related to statistics, particularly predictive analytics.
Apart from mathematics-related disciplines it is also used to examine the similarities and distinctions between different languages. In the business world, it is used to compare products as well as services. It is also used to display any other information relevant.
Here’s the breakdown of what the diagram can do:
- Visually organize information to search for relationships (similarities as well as differences) between sets of items.
- – No matter the level of complexity show the logic behind particular concepts and provide visual representation to demonstrate the connections between them.
- When deciding which goods or services to purchase consider comparing different options to easily discern the similarities and distinctions between them.
- Solve a range of mathematical problems.
- Analyze the data set, find correlations and determine the likelihood of specific events.
- Reason logic that is used to support equations or statements and the process of grouping.
One of the primary reasons that Venn diagrams are so effective and popular Venn diagram is so effective and well-known is due to its simplicity. This tool lets you look at things in a different way, determine the areas where they intersect and differ and also serve as an illustration of the relationship. Along with pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs as well as flow charts and other tools for visualizing data are a good way to present your data or assist in the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.