The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Ejemplo De Diagrama De Venn – You’ve probably had the pleasure of reading about or seen an Venn diagram before. Anyone who has attended Mathematics in particular Algebra and Probability, must be familiar with this diagram. The diagram is visual aid that is used to show the relationship between a set of items. Learn more about this often used diagram in different areas and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
Venn diagrams are Venn diagram is a sketch of overlapping circles in order to show the relationships between items and groups. The overlap of circles indicates that they share a certain characteristic in common, while those that don’t overlap means that they don’t share any commonality. Each circle is usually accompanied by informational text about the subject matter it is a part of.
It is used to represent the similarities and differences in a visual manner among different objects, groups or concepts. It is commonly found in the field of education as a helpful tool. It has also been used around the world in the early part during the latter half of 20th Century at elementary educational levels, and also as a vital element of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularised by John Venn, an English logician, during the 1880s. Similar diagrams were designed in the 1700s from Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician who referred to them as Eulerian circles. However, the term wasn’t used for a long time until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism founder used it in 1918. At the time, it was used to refer to an illustration of a circle in his book, which was called “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is utilized a lot throughout the educational world. Teachers at schools use this tool for teaching mathematical principles like sets, intersections and unions. In more advanced levels of mathematics it can also be used to tackle problems that are difficult. It is also possible to find diagrams within the field of statistics, specifically predictive analytics.
In addition to mathematics-related disciplines, it is also utilized to research the similarities and the differences between different languages. In the world of business it is used to present comparisons of products or services as well as anything else relevant.
Here is the description of how the diagram can do:
- Visually organize data to search for relationships (similarities or differences) between different sets of items.
- In spite of their complexity show the logic behind specific concepts and serve visual communication to illustrate the connections between them.
- When you are deciding on which products or services to purchase, compare several options and be able to clearly discern the similarities and differences among them.
- Solve various mathematical problems.
- Analyze the data set, uncover correlations, and then evaluate the probability of certain events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements, as well as the process of grouping.
One of the major reasons Venn diagrams are so effective and popular Venn diagram has become so effective and popular is due to its simplicity. It allows you to examine things, find out places where they are in conflict and where they separate and provide an image representation of the relationship. Along with pie charts bar graphs, quadrant charts flow charts as well as a variety of other tools for visualizing data are a good way to display your data and aid the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.