The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Free Fillable Venn Diagram Pdf – You’ve probably been exposed to or encountered an Venn diagram in the past. Anyone who has studied Mathematics in particular Algebra and Probability, must be familiar with the Venn diagram. Visual tool used to illustrate the relationship between various items. Find out more about this frequently utilized diagram across various fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is a sketch of circles that overlap to show the relationships between items and groups. In the event that two circles overlap, they share certain characteristics in common, while those that don’t overlap mean that they don’t have commonality. Each circle is typically is accompanied by a brief description of what it’s representing in terms of.
It’s used to depict similarities and differences in a visual way among different objects, groups or concepts. It is commonly found in the education field as a helpful tool. It has also been used throughout the world since the midst in the early 20th century, at elementary levels as an essential element of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularised in the 1880s by John Venn, an English logician in the 1880s. Similar diagrams were designed in the 17th century from Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician who referred to them as Eulerian circles. That being said, the term was not popular for a long time until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism’s founder used it in 1918. At the time, it was used to refer to an illustration of a circle in his book, which was named “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is used often across the globe of academia. Teachers in the school utilized the tool in teaching math concepts, such as intersections, sets and unions. For more advanced maths it’s also used to solve problems that are difficult. It is also possible to find diagrams related to statistics, specifically predictive analytics.
In addition to mathematics-related disciplines, it is also used to analyze the similarities and differences between different languages. In the business world it is used to display comparisons of products as well as services. It is also used to display any other information relevant.
Here is the description of how the diagram will be able to do:
- Visually organize information to look for connections (similarities and differences) between item sets.
- – No matter the level of complexity It will show the logic of particular concepts. They also serve as visual representation to demonstrate the connection between them.
- When deciding which goods or services you want to purchase take the time to compare different options and notice the similarities and differences between them.
- Solve a range of mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets to find correlations and determine the probability of certain events.
- Reason logic that is used to support equations or statements, as well as groups.
One of the major reasons Venn diagrams are so effective and popular Venn diagram can be so powerful and so popular is due to its simplicity. It lets you analyze things and determine where they overlap and separate, and serve as an image representation of the relationship. Alongside pie charts, bar graphs, quadrant charts as well as flow charts and other tools for visualizing data, they provide an effective way to display your data, or aid in the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.