The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Free Venn Diagram Pdf – Most likely, you’ve seen or read about the Venn diagram prior to. Anyone who has attended Mathematics particularly Algebra and Probability, must have a good understanding of this image. It is a visual aid that shows the relationship between various items. Find out more about this frequently utilized diagram across various fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
A Venn diagram is a drawing of circles that are overlapping to illustrate the relationship between objects as well as groups. When circles overlap, they have a commonality but those that do not overlap indicate that they do not share a commonality. Each circle is typically is accompanied by a brief description of what it’s representing in terms of.
It’s used to illustrate the differences and similarities in a visual manner between groups, things, or concepts. It is often used in the educational field as a useful tool. It has also been utilized around the world in the early part in the early 20th century at elementary levels as a crucial part of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularized via John Venn, an English logician during the 1880s. Similar diagrams were developed in the late 1700s from Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who called them Eulerian circles. However, the word was not widely used for a long time until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism pioneer used the term in 1918. At that time, it was used to refer to the circular illustration in his book titled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is employed often in the academic world. Teachers in schools utilize this tool for teaching mathematical principles, such as sets, intersections and unions. At higher mathematical levels, it is also employed to solve difficult problems. It is also possible to find diagrams that pertain to statistics, specifically predictive analytics.
Beyond mathematics-related fields, it is also used to analyze the similarities and differences between different languages. In the world of business it is utilized to display comparisons of products, services, and anything that is relevant.
Here is the explanation of how the diagram could do:
- Visually organize data to find connections (similarities in addition to differences) between different sets of items.
- In spite of their complexity, display the logic of particular concepts and provide visual aids to show the connection between them.
- If you’re deciding on what goods or services you want to purchase consider comparing different options to be able to clearly discern the similarities and differences between them.
- Solve a range of mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, find correlations and determine the probabilities of events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements, and an approach to grouping.
One of the main reasons why the Venn diagram can be so effective and so popular is because of its ease of use. It lets you examine things, find out those areas that overlap or separate, and serve as an illustration of the connection. Alongside pie charts, bar graphs, quadrant charts flow charts and a myriad of other tools for data visualization They provide a powerful method of presenting your data or help with the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.