The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Pdf Venn Diagram Template – Most likely, you’ve seen or read about a Venn diagram earlier. Anyone who’s attended Mathematics particularly Algebra and Probability, must already be familiar with this image. This is an image aid that is used to show the relationship between a collection of objects. Learn more about this often employed diagram in different fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
A Venn diagram is a sketch of overlapping circles to demonstrate the relationship between objects or groups. Overlapping circles mean that they have a commonality and those that don’t overlap, means they don’t have any similarities. Each circle is usually is accompanied by a brief description of the subject matter it is a part of.
It’s used to illustrate differentiators and similarities in a visual way among different objects, groups, or concepts. It is frequently used in the education field as a valuable tool. It’s been in use throughout the world from the beginning during the latter half of 20th Century at primary educational levels and as a vital element of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularised via John Venn, an English logician, during the 1880s. Similar diagrams were designed in the 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician. He referred to them as Eulerian circles. That being said, the term wasn’t used for a long time until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism’s founder, utilized the term in 1918. The term was used to describe a circular illustration in his book called “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is used extensively across the globe of academia. Teachers in schools utilize the device for teaching mathematical principles such sets, intersections and unions. In more advanced mathematics, it is also employed to tackle difficult problems. You can also find diagrams related to statistics, particularly predictive analytics.
In addition to mathematics-related disciplines, it is also used to examine the similarities and distinctions between different languages. In the world of business, it is used to present comparisons of products as well as services. It is also used to display any other information applicable.
Here’s the outline of the diagram’s capabilities: can do:
- Visually organize information to find connections (similarities or differences) between different sets of items.
- In spite of their complexity show the logic behind particular concepts and provide visual communication to illustrate the relation between them.
- If you’re deciding on what goods or services you want to purchase consider comparing different options to clearly see the similarities and distinctions between them.
- Solve various mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, discover correlations, and assess the probability of particular events.
- Reason logic that is used to support equations or statements, and how to group.
One of the major reasons for why one of the main reasons why Venn diagram has become so powerful and so popular is because of its ease of use. This tool allows you to compare things, identify where they overlap and separate, and serve as an illustration of the relation. Along with pie charts bar graphs, quadrant charts flow charts as well as a variety of other data visualization tools offer a great way to display your data and aid the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.