The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Creator – You have most likely been exposed to or encountered the Venn diagram before. Anyone who has studied Mathematics specifically Algebra and Probability, must be familiar with this image. The diagram is visual tool that illustrates the relation between a set of items. Find out more about this widely used diagram in different areas and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
Venn diagrams are Venn diagram is an illustration of overlapping circles to demonstrate the relationship between objects as well as groups. Overlapping circles mean that they have a commonality in common, while those that don’t overlap mean that they don’t share a commonality. Each circle is usually with a description of the category it belongs to.
It is used to represent similarities and differences in a visual manner between various things, groups or concepts. It is often used in the realm of education as a useful tool. It’s also been used all over the world in the early part in the early 20th century at elementary educational levels, and also as a crucial element of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularised through John Venn, an English logician from the 1880s. Similar diagrams were created in the late 1700s from Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician who referred to them as Eulerian circles. This being said, the word was not widely used up until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism pioneer used it in 1918. At that time, it was used to describe an illustration of a circle in his book named “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is used frequently throughout the educational world. Teachers in schools utilize the diagram in teaching math concepts such intersections, sets and unions. For more advanced maths it can also be used to solve problems that are difficult. You can also easily find diagrams within the field of statistics, particularly predictive analytics.
Outside of mathematics-related disciplines, it is also utilized to study similarities and differences between different languages. In business it is utilized to compare products or services and everything else applicable.
Here’s a outline of the diagram’s capabilities: could do:
- Visually organize data to look for connections (similarities and differences) between different sets of items.
- In spite of their complexity regardless of complexity level, show the logic behind specific concepts, and use visual aids to show the connection between them.
- When deciding what products or services to buy consider comparing different options to clearly see the similarities and distinctions between them.
- Solve many mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, find correlations and determine the probabilities of events.
- Reason logic that is used to support equations or statements and how to group.
One of the biggest reasons Venn diagrams are so effective and popular Venn diagram is so powerful and well-known is because of its ease of use. It lets you look at things in a different way, determine the areas where they intersect and differ and also serve as an image representation of the relation. Alongside pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs as well as flow charts and a myriad of other tools for data visualization They provide a powerful method of presenting your data and aid the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.