The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Fillable Template – It is likely that you have been exposed to or encountered a Venn diagram before. Anyone who’s attended Mathematics specifically Algebra and Probability, must have a good understanding of this image. Visual tool that shows the relationship between a set of items. Learn more about this commonly used diagram in different areas and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
An Venn diagram is a sketch of overlapping circles in order to show the relationship between objects or groups. The overlap of circles indicates that they share certain traits, while those who don’t overlap indicate that they do not share a commonality. Each circle is typically with a description of what it’s representing in terms of.
It is used to represent the similarities and differences visually between groups, things, or concepts. It is often used in the field of education as a helpful tool. It has also been utilized throughout the world since the middle in the early 20th century at primary educational levels and as an integral component of the curriculum for logic.
The diagram was popularized by John Venn, an English logician, during the 1880s. Similar diagrams were designed in the early 1700s in the 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who named them Eulerian circles. However, the term wasn’t used up until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptualist who founded pragmatism employed the term in 1918. At the time, it was used to describe a circular illustration in his book, which was titled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is used extensively within the world of academics. Teachers at the school use this tool for teaching mathematical principles such as intersections, sets, and unions. For more advanced mathematics, it is also employed to tackle problems that are difficult. There are also diagrams that pertain to statistics, specifically predictive analytics.
Apart from mathematics-related disciplines it is also used to examine the similarities and distinctions between various languages. In the business world, it is used to present comparisons of products, services, and anything pertinent.
Here’s a explanation of how the diagram can accomplish:
- Visually organize information to search for relationships (similarities and differences) between item sets.
- – No matter the level of complexity, display the logic of particular concepts. They also serve as visual aids to show the relationship between them.
- When you are deciding on which products or services to buy look at a variety of options and be able to clearly discern the similarities and differences between them.
- Solve various mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, discover correlations, and assess the probability of particular events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements, as well as the process of grouping.
One of the main reasons the Venn diagram has become so powerful and popular is its simplicity. This tool lets you analyze things and determine places where they are in conflict and where they separate and also serve as a visual representation of the connection. Along with pie charts, bar graphs, quadrant charts flow charts as well as a variety of other data visualization tools, they provide an effective way to display your data or help with the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.