The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Free Pdf – You have most likely had the pleasure of reading about or seen an Venn diagram prior to. Anyone who has attended Mathematics in particular Algebra and Probability, must already be familiar with this diagram. Visual tool that shows the relationship between two items. Learn more about this commonly utilized diagram in various areas and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
An Venn diagram is a diagram of circles that overlap to show the connections between items or groups of items. In the event that two circles overlap, they have a commonality, while those who don’t overlap means that they don’t share a commonality. Each circle is typically is accompanied by a brief description of what category it represents.
It’s used to illustrate the differences and similarities visually between different things, groups or concepts. It is often used in the field of education as a useful tool. It’s been in use around the world in the early part decades of the twentieth century at the elementary level and as a crucial element of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularised in the 1880s by John Venn, an English logician during the 1880s. Similar diagrams were created in the late 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician. He referred to them as Eulerian circles. This being said, the term was not used until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism pioneer used it in 1918. In 1918, the term was used to refer to a circular illustration in his book, which was entitled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is used often in the academic world. Teachers at schools use the tool to help teach mathematic concepts such sets, intersections, and unions. When it comes to more advanced mathematical levels the tool is also used to solve problems that are difficult. There are also diagrams that pertain to statistics, specifically predictive analytics.
Apart from mathematics-related disciplines it can also be used to analyze the similarities and differences between different languages. In the world of business, it is used to present comparisons of products or services and everything else that is relevant.
Here’s a description of how the diagram will be able to do:
- Visually organize information in order to identify relationships (similarities or differences) between items.
- Regardless of complexity level It will show the logic of particular concepts. They also serve as visual communication to show the connections between them.
- When deciding what products or services to purchase, compare several options and notice the similarities and differences among them.
- Solve a range of mathematical problems.
- Analyze the data set, identify correlations, and evaluate the probability of particular events.
- – Reason logic which supports equations or statements, and the process of grouping.
One of the main reasons that one of the main reasons why Venn diagram has become so powerful and popular is due to its simplicity. It lets you compare things, identify the areas where they intersect and differ and also serve as an illustration of the relation. Along with pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs flow charts, as well as a variety of other tools to visualize data They provide a powerful method to display your data and aid the process of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.