The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram In Word Document Word 2016 – It is likely that you have been exposed to or encountered an Venn diagram prior to. Anyone who has taken Mathematics, especially Algebra and Probability, must already be familiar with this image. Visual tool used to illustrate the relationship between a set of items. Learn more about this often utilized diagram across various fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
An Venn diagram is an illustration of circles that overlap to show the connections between items or groups of items. In the event that two circles overlap, they share a certain characteristic, while those who don’t overlap means that they don’t have commonality. Each circle is typically with a description of the category it belongs to.
It is used to represent the similarities and differences in a visual manner between different things, groups or concepts. It is widely used in the realm of education as a valuable tool. It has also been utilized all over the world since the middle in the early 20th century, at elementary levels as a vital element of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularized through John Venn, an English logician from the 1880s. Similar diagrams were created in the 1700s through Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who named them Eulerian circles. This being said, the word was not widely used until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptualist who founded pragmatism, utilized it in 1918. At that time, it was used to refer to a circular illustration in his book, which was called “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is utilized often across the globe of academia. Teachers in the school utilized this tool to teach mathematical concepts such sets, intersections and unions. At higher mathematics it’s also used to tackle problems that are difficult. It is also possible to find diagrams within the field of statistics, specifically predictive analytics.
In addition to mathematics-related disciplines, it is also utilized to research the similarities and the differences between various languages. In the world of business, it is used to show comparisons between products, services, and anything that is relevant.
Here’s the explanation of how the diagram can accomplish:
- Visually organize information to look for connections (similarities and differences) between items.
- Regardless of the complexity level, display the logic of particular concepts and provide visual communication to show the relation between them.
- If you’re deciding on what goods or services to purchase take the time to compare different options and clearly see the similarities and differences between them.
- Solve a variety of mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, discover correlations, and assess the likelihood of specific events.
- Reason logic that is used to support equations or statements, and how to group.
One of the major reasons that it is that the Venn diagram has become so effective and popular is its simplicity. This tool allows you to examine things, find out where they overlap and separate and serves as an illustration of the connection. Alongside pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs flow charts and many other tools for data visualization are a good way to display your data and aid the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.