The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Number Sets – It is likely that you have read about or encountered the Venn diagram before. Anyone who has taken Mathematics particularly Algebra and Probability, must be familiar with this image. Visual aid used to illustrate the relationship between a set of items. Find out more about this widely utilized diagram across various fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
A Venn diagram is an illustration of circles that are overlapping to illustrate the relationships between items as well as groups. Overlapping circles mean that they share certain traits in common, while those that don’t overlap mean that they don’t share a commonality. Each circle is usually accompanied by informational text about what it’s representing in terms of.
It can be used to show the differences and similarities in a visual way among different objects, groups, or concepts. It is frequently used in the education field as a helpful tool. It’s been in use throughout the world since the midst decades of the twentieth century at elementary educational levels, and also as an integral component of the curriculum for logic.
The diagram was popularised via John Venn, an English logician from the 1880s. Similar diagrams were developed in the 1700s from Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who called them Eulerian circles. However, the word was not widely used up until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism pioneer employed it in 1918. At the time, it was used to describe a circular illustration in his book entitled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is used often throughout the educational world. Teachers in the school utilized this tool to help teach mathematic concepts such intersections, sets and unions. For more advanced levels of mathematics it’s also used to tackle problems that are difficult. You can also easily find diagrams in the field of statistics, particularly predictive analytics.
In addition to mathematics-related disciplines, it is also utilized to examine the similarities and distinctions between different languages. In business it is utilized to compare products, services, and anything that is relevant.
Here’s the explanation of how the diagram could do:
- Visually organize information to look for connections (similarities as well as differences) between item sets.
- – No matter the level of complexity regardless of complexity level, show the logic behind particular concepts. They also serve as visual representation to demonstrate the connection between them.
- When deciding which goods or services to buy, compare several options and notice the similarities and differences among them.
- Solve various mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets to uncover correlations, and then evaluate the probabilities of events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements as well as the process of grouping.
One of the biggest reasons it is that the Venn diagram is so effective and well-known is due to its simplicity. This tool lets you analyze things and determine those areas that overlap or separate and provide an illustration of the relation. Along with pie charts, bar graphs, quadrant charts as well as flow charts as well as a variety of other tools to visualize data, they provide an effective method to display your data or assist in the process of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.