The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Online Maker – Most likely, you’ve seen or read about the Venn diagram before. Anyone who has taken Mathematics specifically Algebra and Probability, must already be familiar with the Venn diagram. Visual tool that is used to show the relationship between two items. Find out more about this widely employed diagram in different fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
Venn diagrams are Venn diagram is an illustration of circles that overlap to show the relationships between items or groups. In the event that two circles overlap, they have a commonality in common, while those that don’t overlap mean that they don’t have any similarities. Each circle is typically is accompanied by a brief description of the subject matter it is a part of.
It can be used to show similarities and differences in a visual manner between various things, groups or concepts. It is frequently used in the educational field as a valuable tool. It’s been in use throughout the world in the early part during the latter half of 20th Century at primary educational levels and as an integral part of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularised by John Venn, an English logician during the 1880s. Similar diagrams were developed in the 1700s in the 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician who referred to them as Eulerian circles. That being said, the term was not popular before Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism’s founder, utilized it in 1918. In 1918, the term was used to describe an illustration of a circle in the book he wrote, titled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is utilized often within the world of academics. Teachers in the school utilized the diagram for teaching mathematical principles, such as intersections, sets and unions. When it comes to more advanced levels of mathematics the tool is also used to tackle complicated problems. You can also easily find diagrams in the field of statistics, especially predictive analytics.
Apart from mathematics-related disciplines it is also utilized to research the similarities and the differences between different languages. In the world of business, it is used to present comparisons of products as well as services. It is also used to display any other information that is relevant.
Here’s the breakdown of what the diagram will be able to do:
- Visually organize information in order to look for connections (similarities and differences) between different sets of items.
- In spite of their complexity, display the logic of particular concepts and provide visual communication to illustrate the relationship between them.
- If you’re deciding on what goods or services to buy, compare several options and notice the similarities and differences between them.
- Solve many mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, find correlations and determine the probability of particular events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements and how to group.
One of the biggest reasons for why one of the main reasons why Venn diagram is powerful and so popular is its simplicity. It allows you to compare things, identify places where they are in conflict and where they separate and also serve as visual representation of the relationship. Along with pie charts bar graphs, quadrant charts flow charts and many other tools to visualize data offer a great way to display your data, or aid in the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.