The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Online Pdf – You have most likely seen or read about a Venn diagram earlier. Anyone who’s attended Mathematics particularly Algebra and Probability, must already be familiar with the Venn diagram. It is a visual aid that illustrates the relation between a collection of objects. Learn more about this often employed diagram in different fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is a drawing of overlapping circles in order to show the interrelationships between different items as well as groups. In the event that two circles overlap, they share a certain characteristic, while those who don’t overlap, means they don’t share any commonality. Each circle is usually is accompanied by a brief description of the subject matter it is a part of.
It’s used to depict the similarities and differences in a visual way among different objects, groups, or concepts. It is frequently used in the realm of education as a useful tool. It has also been utilized all over the world in the early part decades of the twentieth century at the elementary level and as a vital part of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularised via John Venn, an English logician in the 1880s. Similar diagrams were created in the early 1700s in the 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who called them Eulerian circles. That being said, the term wasn’t used up until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism founder used it in 1918. The term was used to describe a circular illustration in his book, which was named “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is employed often within the world of academics. Teachers in the school utilized the tool in teaching math concepts such intersections, sets, and unions. At higher mathematics the tool is also used to tackle complicated problems. It is also possible to find diagrams related to statistics, particularly predictive analytics.
Outside of mathematics-related disciplines, it is also used to analyze the similarities and differences between different languages. In business it is utilized to compare products or services and everything else that is relevant.
Here is the breakdown of what the diagram could do:
- Visually organize information in order to search for relationships (similarities or differences) between sets of items.
- – No matter the level of complexity show the logic behind particular concepts. They also serve as visual communication to show the connections between them.
- When you are deciding on which products or services you want to purchase look at a variety of options and easily discern the similarities and distinctions between them.
- Solve a variety of mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, identify correlations, and evaluate the probability of certain events.
- – Reason logic which supports equations or statements, and groups.
One of the primary reasons why one of the main reasons why Venn diagram has become so powerful and well-known is because of its ease of use. This tool allows you to look at things in a different way, determine those areas that overlap or separate and serves as an image representation of the relationship. Alongside pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs flow charts and many other tools to visualize data offer a great method to display your data and aid the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.