The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Pdf Download – It is likely that you have had the pleasure of reading about or seen a Venn diagram prior to. Anyone who has attended Mathematics in particular Algebra and Probability, must have a good understanding of this figure. It is a visual aid that illustrates the relation between various items. Find out more about this frequently utilized diagram in various areas and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
A Venn diagram is an illustration of circles that overlap to show the relationships between items or groups of items. The overlap of circles indicates that they have a commonality, while those who don’t overlap indicate that they do not share any commonality. Each circle is typically associated with information about the category it belongs to.
It can be used to show differentiators and similarities in a visual manner between various things, groups, or concepts. It is widely used in the realm of education as a useful tool. It’s been in use around the world in the early part in the early 20th century at elementary levels as an essential part of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularised in the 1880s by John Venn, an English logician during the 1880s. Similar diagrams were invented in the 17th century from Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who called them Eulerian circles. However, the word was not widely used before Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism pioneer employed it in 1918. In 1918, the term was used to refer to the circular illustration in his book, which was entitled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is employed frequently throughout the educational world. Teachers at the school use this tool to help teach mathematic concepts such sets, intersections and unions. At higher levels of mathematics, it is also employed to tackle problems that are difficult. You can also easily find diagrams related to statistics, especially predictive analytics.
Outside of mathematics-related disciplines, it is also used to study similarities and differences between various languages. In the business world it is used to present comparisons of products or services as well as anything else that is relevant.
Here is the explanation of how the diagram can accomplish:
- Visually organize information to find connections (similarities as well as differences) between items.
- – No matter the level of complexity It will show the logic of particular concepts and provide visual communication to show the relationship between them.
- When deciding which goods or services to purchase take the time to compare different options and clearly see the similarities and differences between them.
- Solve a variety of mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, uncover correlations, and then evaluate the probability of particular events.
- – Reason logic which supports equations or statements, as well as the process of grouping.
One of the biggest reasons that one of the main reasons why Venn diagram has become so effective and so popular is because of its ease of use. It lets you examine things, find out those areas that overlap or separate and provide an illustration of the relationship. Along with pie charts, bar graphs, quadrant charts as well as flow charts and many other data visualization tools, they provide an effective way to present your data or help with the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.