The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Pdf Editable – Most likely, you’ve seen or read about a Venn diagram earlier. Anyone who has taken Mathematics, especially Algebra and Probability, must already be familiar with this diagram. Visual tool that illustrates the relation between two items. Find out more about this frequently employed diagram in different fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
An Venn diagram is a diagram of overlapping circles in order to show the relationships between items as well as groups. The overlap of circles indicates that they share a certain characteristic but those that do not overlap mean that they don’t have commonality. Each circle is usually is accompanied by a brief description of what it’s representing in terms of.
It can be used to show similarities and differences visually between groups, things or concepts. It is widely used in the educational field as a helpful tool. It’s been in use across the globe since the middle of the 20th century, at the elementary level and as a vital component of the curriculum for logic.
The diagram was popularised by John Venn, an English logician, during the 1880s. Similar diagrams were designed in the 1700s in the 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician who referred to them as Eulerian circles. That being said, the term was not popular before Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism’s founder, utilized the term in 1918. The term was used to refer to a circular illustration in his book, which was titled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is used frequently across the globe of academia. Teachers in schools utilize the tool for teaching mathematical principles such intersections, sets and unions. In more advanced mathematics it’s also used to tackle difficult problems. You can also find diagrams in the field of statistics, especially predictive analytics.
Beyond mathematics-related fields, it is also utilized to examine the similarities and distinctions between various languages. In the business world it is utilized to show comparisons between products as well as services. It is also used to display any other information that is relevant.
Here’s a explanation of how the diagram can do:
- Visually organize information in order in order to identify relationships (similarities in addition to differences) between different sets of items.
- Regardless of the complexity level, display the logic of specific concepts, and use visual representation to demonstrate the connection between them.
- When deciding what products or services to buy, compare several options and easily discern the similarities and distinctions between them.
- Solve various mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, uncover correlations, and then evaluate the probabilities of events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements, as well as an approach to grouping.
One of the biggest reasons for why the Venn diagram can be so effective and popular is due to its simplicity. It lets you analyze things and determine places where they are in conflict and where they separate, and serve as a visual representation of the connection. Along with pie charts, bar graphs, quadrant charts flow charts, as well as a variety of other tools for visualizing data offer a great method to display your data and aid the process of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.