The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Pdf Free – Most likely, you’ve read about or encountered an Venn diagram earlier. Anyone who has taken Mathematics specifically Algebra and Probability, must be already familiar with this figure. It is a visual aid that is used to show the relationship between a set of items. Learn more about this often utilized diagram across various fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
Venn diagrams are Venn diagram is a diagram of circles that are overlapping to illustrate the relationships between items as well as groups. The overlap of circles indicates that they share a certain characteristic and those that don’t overlap, means they don’t have commonality. Each circle is usually with a description of the subject matter it is a part of.
It is used to represent differentiators and similarities visually between various things, groups or concepts. It is frequently used in the education field as a tool that can be useful. It’s also been used throughout the world since the middle of the 20th century at elementary educational levels, and also as a crucial component of the curriculum for logic.
The diagram was popularised by John Venn, an English logician from the 1880s. Similar diagrams were created in the early 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician who referred to them as Eulerian circles. This being said, the word was not widely used for a long time until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptualist who founded pragmatism used it in 1918. At the time, it was used to describe the circular illustration in his book, which was entitled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is employed often throughout the educational world. Teachers at the school use the tool for teaching mathematical principles like intersections, sets, and unions. When it comes to more advanced mathematical levels it’s also used to tackle difficult problems. There are also diagrams in the field of statistics, particularly predictive analytics.
Outside of mathematics-related disciplines, it is also used to study similarities and differences between different languages. In the business world, it is used to compare products as well as services. It is also used to display any other information relevant.
Here is the description of how the diagram can accomplish:
- Visually organize information in order to find connections (similarities and differences) between different sets of items.
- In spite of their complexity regardless of complexity level, show the logic behind specific concepts and serve visual communication to illustrate the connection between them.
- If you’re deciding on what goods or services to buy look at a variety of options and notice the similarities and differences among them.
- Solve many mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, uncover correlations, and then evaluate the likelihood of specific events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements, as well as an approach to grouping.
One of the main reasons for why Venn diagrams are so effective and popular Venn diagram is so effective and well-known is its simplicity. It lets you compare things, identify the areas where they intersect and differ, and serve as a visual representation of the relationship. Along with pie charts bar graphs, quadrant charts flow charts and a myriad of other tools for data visualization, they provide an effective way to present your data or assist in the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.