The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Picture – Most likely, you’ve read about or encountered the Venn diagram before. Anyone who has studied Mathematics particularly Algebra and Probability, must have a good understanding of this diagram. Visual tool that shows the relationship between various items. Learn more about this often utilized diagram across various fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
A Venn diagram is a diagram of circles that overlap to show the relationship between objects and groups. In the event that two circles overlap, they share a certain characteristic, while those who don’t overlap, means they don’t share any commonality. Each circle is usually associated with information about what it’s representing in terms of.
It can be used to show the differences and similarities in a visual way among different objects, groups, or concepts. It is frequently used in the realm of education as a valuable tool. It has also been used across the globe since the midst during the latter half of 20th Century, at elementary levels as an integral element of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularised via John Venn, an English logician during the 1880s. Similar diagrams were invented in the early 1700s in the 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician who referred to them as Eulerian circles. The term wasn’t used until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism pioneer used it in 1918. The term was used to describe an illustration of a circle in his book, which was titled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is utilized often across the globe of academia. Teachers at schools use the device to help teach mathematic concepts such as sets, intersections and unions. At higher mathematics it’s also used to tackle problems that are complex. It is also possible to find diagrams in the field of statistics, especially predictive analytics.
Beyond mathematics-related fields, it is also used to research the similarities and the differences between various languages. In the world of business, it is used to show comparisons between products or services and everything else relevant.
Here’s the breakdown of what the diagram will be able to do:
- Visually organize information in order to look for connections (similarities or differences) between different sets of items.
- In spite of their complexity show the logic behind particular concepts. They also serve as visual communication to show the relationship between them.
- When deciding what products or services you want to purchase take the time to compare different options and clearly see the similarities and differences among them.
- Solve a range of mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, identify correlations, and evaluate the probabilities of events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements and how to group.
One of the primary reasons for why one of the main reasons why Venn diagram is so powerful and popular is because of its ease of use. This tool allows you to analyze things and determine those areas that overlap or separate, and serve as visual representation of the relation. Along with pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs as well as flow charts and a myriad of other tools to visualize data, they provide an effective method of presenting your data or assist in the method of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.