The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Printable Template Free – It is likely that you have seen or read about the Venn diagram prior to. Anyone who’s attended Mathematics specifically Algebra and Probability, must already be familiar with the Venn diagram. This is an image tool used to illustrate the relationship between a set of items. Learn more about this commonly employed diagram in different fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is a diagram of overlapping circles to demonstrate the relationship between objects or groups. The overlap of circles indicates that they share certain characteristics in common, while those that don’t overlap, means they don’t share a commonality. Each circle is usually is accompanied by a brief description of what it’s representing in terms of.
It can be used to show similarities and differences in a visual way between different things, groups or concepts. It is often used in the realm of education as a tool that can be useful. It’s also been used all over the world from the beginning during the latter half of 20th Century, at elementary educational levels, and also as a crucial element of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularized via John Venn, an English logician in the 1880s. Similar diagrams were designed in the early 1700s in the 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician. He referred to them as Eulerian circles. This being said, the term was not popular until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism’s founder used it in 1918. At that time, it was used to refer to a circular illustration in the book he wrote, titled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is utilized extensively in the academic world. Teachers at the school use the diagram to help teach mathematic concepts like sets, intersections, and unions. For more advanced levels of mathematics it can also be used to tackle problems that are complex. You can also find diagrams that pertain to statistics, especially predictive analytics.
Beyond mathematics-related fields, it is also used to analyze the similarities and differences between various languages. In the business world it is utilized to present comparisons of products, services, and anything applicable.
Here’s the outline of the diagram’s capabilities: can accomplish:
- Visually organize information to search for relationships (similarities in addition to differences) between items.
- Regardless of the complexity level regardless of complexity level, show the logic behind specific concepts, and use visual aids to show the relation between them.
- If you’re deciding on what goods or services you want to purchase take the time to compare different options and clearly see the similarities and distinctions between them.
- Solve a variety of mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets to identify correlations, and evaluate the probabilities of events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements as well as groups.
One of the main reasons one of the main reasons why Venn diagram is so powerful and popular is due to its simplicity. This tool allows you to analyze things and determine places where they are in conflict and where they separate, and serve as visual representation of the connection. Along with pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs flow charts, and a myriad of other tools for data visualization offer a great method to display your data, or aid in the process of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.