The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Worksheet Free – You’ve probably been exposed to or encountered the Venn diagram prior to. Anyone who has studied Mathematics, especially Algebra and Probability, must already be familiar with this image. It is a visual aid that shows the relationship between a set of items. Learn more about this often utilized diagram in various areas and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
An Venn diagram is an illustration of overlapping circles to demonstrate the connections between items and groups. In the event that two circles overlap, they have a commonality, while those who don’t overlap means that they don’t have commonality. Each circle is typically is accompanied by a brief description of the category it belongs to.
It can be used to show the similarities and differences in a visual way among different objects, groups, or concepts. It is widely used in the field of education as a useful tool. It has also been used all over the world from the beginning of the 20th century at elementary levels as a vital part of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularised through John Venn, an English logician from the 1880s. Similar diagrams were developed in the late 1700s through Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician who referred to them as Eulerian circles. The term was not used until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptualist who founded pragmatism, utilized the term in 1918. In 1918, the term was used to refer to a circular illustration in the book he wrote, entitled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is used frequently throughout the educational world. Teachers in the school utilized the tool to teach mathematical concepts like sets, intersections and unions. For more advanced levels of mathematics the tool is also used to tackle problems that are difficult. There are also diagrams that pertain to statistics, particularly predictive analytics.
In addition to mathematics-related disciplines, it is also utilized to study similarities and differences between different languages. In the world of business it is used to display comparisons of products as well as services. It is also used to display any other information pertinent.
Here is the description of how the diagram will be able to do:
- Visually organize information in order to search for relationships (similarities as well as differences) between item sets.
- In spite of their complexity It will show the logic of particular concepts. They also serve as visual aids to show the connection between them.
- When you are deciding on which products or services you want to purchase consider comparing different options to clearly see the similarities and distinctions between them.
- Solve a range of mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, discover correlations, and assess the probability of particular events.
- Reason logic that supports equations or statements, and groups.
One of the biggest reasons why one of the main reasons why Venn diagram has become so effective and well-known is its simplicity. This tool allows you to compare things, identify those areas that overlap or separate and provide an illustration of the relation. Alongside pie charts, bar graphs, quadrant charts flow charts, and a myriad of other tools to visualize data are a good way to display your data or assist in the process of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.