The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
Venn Diagram Worksheets Pdf – It is likely that you have been exposed to or encountered an Venn diagram earlier. Anyone who’s attended Mathematics particularly Algebra and Probability, must have a good understanding of the Venn diagram. This is an image aid that illustrates the relation between two items. Learn more about this often utilized diagram across various fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is an illustration of circles that are overlapping to illustrate the connections between items or groups. When circles overlap, they have a commonality but those that do not overlap means that they don’t share a commonality. Each circle is usually with a description of the category it belongs to.
It’s used to depict the similarities and differences in a visual way between various things, groups, or concepts. It is frequently used in the education field as a tool that can be useful. It’s been in use around the world in the early part of the 20th century, at elementary levels as an integral part of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularized in the 1880s by John Venn, an English logician during the 1880s. Similar diagrams were invented in the 17th century from Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician, who named them Eulerian circles. The term was not popular until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptual pragmatism pioneer, utilized it in 1918. At that time, it was used to refer to an illustration of a circle in his book, which was called “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
The Venn diagram is employed frequently within the world of academics. Teachers at schools use the device for teaching mathematical principles such as sets, intersections, and unions. In more advanced mathematical levels the tool is also used to tackle complicated problems. You can also find diagrams that pertain to statistics, particularly predictive analytics.
Apart from mathematics-related disciplines it is also used to research the similarities and the differences between different languages. In the business world, it is used to present comparisons of products, services, and anything applicable.
Here is the description of how the diagram can do:
- Visually organize information in order in order to identify relationships (similarities as well as differences) between item sets.
- Regardless of complexity level, display the logic of particular concepts and provide visual aids to show the relationship between them.
- When you are deciding on which products or services to buy consider comparing different options to notice the similarities and distinctions between them.
- Solve many mathematical problems.
- Analyze data sets, uncover correlations, and then evaluate the likelihood of specific events.
- Reason logic that is used to support equations or statements, and groups.
One of the main reasons that Venn diagrams are so effective and popular Venn diagram can be so effective and so popular is because of its ease of use. This tool lets you examine things, find out the areas where they intersect and differ, and serve as an illustration of the connection. Alongside pie charts, quadrant charts, bar graphs, flow charts, as well as a variety of other tools for data visualization are a good way to present your data or help with the process of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.