The Definition and the Uses of Venn Diagram
What Is Venn Diagram Youtube – It is likely that you have had the pleasure of reading about or seen a Venn diagram earlier. Anyone who has taken Mathematics, especially Algebra and Probability, must be familiar with this image. It is a visual aid that is used to show the relationship between a collection of objects. Learn more about this often utilized diagram across various fields and fields below.
What Is a Venn Diagram?
An Venn diagram is a sketch of overlapping circles in order to show the interrelationships between different items or groups of items. Overlapping circles mean that they share certain characteristics but those that do not overlap mean that they don’t share any commonality. Each circle is usually accompanied by informational text about the subject matter it is a part of.
It is used to represent similarities and differences visually between groups, things or concepts. It is commonly found in the educational field as a valuable tool. It’s also been used around the world from the beginning in the early 20th century, at the elementary level and as an integral part of the logic curriculum.
The diagram was popularized via John Venn, an English logician, during the 1880s. Similar diagrams were invented in the late 1700s in the 1700s by Leonard Euler, a Swiss mathematician who referred to them as Eulerian circles. The word was not widely used up until Clarence Lewis, an academic philosopher and conceptualist who founded pragmatism used it in 1918. At that time, it was used to refer to an illustration that was circular in his book, which was entitled “A Survey of Symbolic Logic.”
What Is the Purpose and Benefits of the Venn Diagram?
It is a popular Venn diagram is employed often across the globe of academia. Teachers at schools use this tool to teach mathematical concepts such sets, intersections, and unions. When it comes to more advanced maths, it is also employed to tackle difficult problems. You can also easily find diagrams in the field of statistics, specifically predictive analytics.
In addition to mathematics-related disciplines, it can also be used to study similarities and differences between various languages. In the world of business, it is used to show comparisons between products or services as well as anything else pertinent.
Here is the description of how the diagram can do:
- Visually organize data to look for connections (similarities as well as differences) between items.
- Regardless of the complexity level regardless of complexity level, show the logic behind specific concepts, and use visual communication to show the connections between them.
- If you’re deciding on what goods or services to purchase, compare several options and be able to clearly discern the similarities and distinctions between them.
- Solve a variety of mathematical problems.
- Analyze the data set, uncover correlations, and then evaluate the probability of particular events.
- Reason logic that is used to support equations or statements and how to group.
One of the major reasons it is that the Venn diagram can be so effective and well-known is due to its simplicity. It lets you examine things, find out places where they are in conflict and where they separate and provide an illustration of the connection. Alongside pie charts, bar graphs, quadrant charts as well as flow charts and a myriad of other data visualization tools offer a great way to display your data and aid the process of thinking.
FREE Venn Diagram Template For Word, Powerpoint & PDF
Venn Diagram Symbols Meaning
- ∪ >> Union of Two Sets. The union of two sets is represented by a full Venn diagram.
- ∩ >> Intersection of Two Sets. The intersection of two categories reveals which things are shared between them.
- Ac >> Complement of a Set. Whatever is not represented in a set is referred to as the complement.